Saturday 14 April 2007

Good luck Ireland

Me and Steve were watching the news over breakfast and they were talking about the next smoking ban to take place in the UK. Following on from the welsh ban, it looks like Ireland will be next to face the new laws. It's happening in three weeks time and the reporters were talking to bar managers and restaurant owners about how their businesses will change.

They're all getting geared up for the ban, which surprised me as places local to me don't seem to be doing a thing. One pub owner had been talking to his regular punters so the ban wouldn't be a total shock. Another businessman had started developing an outside garden area to accommodate his smoking trade.

That's far more than anyone at my local bingo hall has done. I got a minute to speak with the girl at the front desk. She looked at me blankly when I mentioned the England ban and shrugged her shoulders! July the 1st isn't too far away and I've got a sneaky feeling something will happen. Still, there's always my PC. Whatever the rules at bingo, I know I can still play in the living room, and do whatever I please!

No comments: