Sunday 15 April 2007

Scary Thought

After thinking about what the future holds for my bingo hobby, I thought I'd have a little snoop around the internet to see what might happen. I came across a website with a very interesting article, but one that's left me worrying!

http://www.74simon.co.uk/bingomaniacs/smoking.html

When the ban hits, I'm pretty sure this piece will read true, and my local hall will start getting emptier. Most people I know there smoke, and we're pretty stubborn souls when it comes to being told what we can and can't do... So, with less people going, less money will be up for grabs, and the whole point of going will start to weaken!

Going to see my friends at the hall is a regular part of my week to week life. It's a nice break from work and the TV, and I get to catch up on gossip and sometimes, even win! Now when I think about going, or have a quick smoke, I can't help but think that the end is near. A few cards or two online makes me feel better though, and reminds me that it's not all too bad!

Jackpotjoy's Bingo Gold has just paid out a crazy amount of over £25,000! That's more than even my hall's big county Jackpot. The thought of drinking my tea at the PC and clicking a few things to win that much money is incredible. It beats paying more money a card to win a prize much smaller, and there's got to be more chance in that than playing the lottery or pools.

No comments: